Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ALEX ALEX is offline

Default Excel/ PPT linking question

Went on pptfaq.com and learnt of linking and became addicted to it in the
past week. I'm doing some testing now to see if it could applied at my
office. couple questions wanted to bounce off ideas from you experts:

- renaming issues. what is the impact of renaming files to the links?
(excel/ ppt or both) how should we safeguard links if renaming is required?
(any solutions)

- what's the best way to break links... and send to eg. external client? i
noticed if the excel is not around it will prompt reader it update links...
anyways to eliminate that?

- impact of save as... copy & paste vs cut & paste? any insights on the
impact to links on these operations? did some testing myself... got
confused..myself

Thanks!