Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default The Ribbon

hi
now that your are through venting....let me vent.
by now we all should realize that so much has changed that the new excel is
a brand new application masquerading as the old excel. from my management
training i was told that redical change too often brings more problems that
it sets out to solve. change should be managed, phased in, ideally...snuck in
the back door so that no one notices.
but we now seem to see all the problems that 2007 seems to have brought and
are a little foggy about what problems it set out to solve.

someone enlighten me.
please.

regards
FSt1

"YDOD" wrote:

I too hate the ribbon. Many years ago it was discovered that the best
interface was a a row of drop down menus. Each item on the menu should be
alternatively accessible by a 2 or 3 letter code. That code should be shown
alongside each menu item. The menu items should not change to suit context
or whatever. How can anyone remember where things are when they keep
changing! I wish they would stop changing the interface as a futile attempt
to try to justify issuing another version. I would like to tell them where
they can stick their icons! At least if it is a word you can look it up in
the help., but an icon! the damn thing just sits there.