Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
YDOD YDOD is offline

Default The Ribbon

I too hate the ribbon. Many years ago it was discovered that the best
interface was a a row of drop down menus. Each item on the menu should be
alternatively accessible by a 2 or 3 letter code. That code should be shown
alongside each menu item. The menu items should not change to suit context
or whatever. How can anyone remember where things are when they keep
changing! I wish they would stop changing the interface as a futile attempt
to try to justify issuing another version. I would like to tell them where
they can stick their icons! At least if it is a word you can look it up in
the help., but an icon! the damn thing just sits there.