Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smartin smartin is offline

Default Rank in Pivot Table

KrispyData wrote:
I created a pivot table that shows sales by customer by month. I grouped the
months into quarters. Now, I would like to rank the customers by sales for
each quarter - give each customer a rank for Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 sales. Is
ranking possible in a pivot table? And, is it possible to have a rank for
each quarter?

Not sure about ranking per-se, but did you know you can tell the PT to
sort categories based on values? Double click a category control (e.g.,
Quarter) | Advanced | Autosort Options | Descending | Using field "sum
of sales" or something similar for a top-down sort. Depending on your PT
layout you can have such sorts within sorts.