Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Workbook linkage returns #REF!

Some functions in Excel can link to other workbooks, but only when
they are open, giving errors when the "sending" workbook is closed. I
suspect that you are using these functions in your formulae.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 10, 12:30*pm, Matts wrote:
Hi,
I've got a spread sheet 'MASTER' linked to another worksheet 'COPY' (which
is an
exact mirror of the 'MASTER') with cells linked identically by both row &
column.

For some odd reason, when I open just the COPY (with the MASTER closed)
after 10 rows I've get the value ' #REF! * * * *#REF! #REF! ' across all the cells.

BUT when I open the MASTER sheet simultaneously the cells get updated with
the right value in the respective cells.

I'm unable to understand this.
SOMETIMES IT WORKS/UPDATES PRECISELY ** BUT NOT ALL TIMES**

Can someone pls help.

Cheers, Matt