Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default Simple Formula Questions (I hope)

Try in C13
=PRODUCT(B13*$B11)
and copy across to D13,E13....

Second one can be copied down as it is

"Logues" wrote:

Hi guys I hope this is simple. I have had a hunt around as I'm sure it has
been answered before but my search concept is off the mark...

Anyway I'm putting together a spreadsheet to work as an order from for about
220 people to order a variety of merchandise (for work) and I want excel to
do the maths on order numbers and costs for me.

At the moment I have the following formula doing what I want:

C13=PRODUCT(B13*B11)

Unfortunately though B13 goes all the way through to B224. Is there a way
without individually doing each cell that I can automatically make it become
D13=PRODUCT(D13*B11), E13=PRODUCT(E13*B11) etc.

Similarly I have a another formula X13=SUM(C13,E13,
G13,I13,K13,M13,O13,Q13,S13,U13,W13,Y13) is there a way to automatically make
this apply across individual rows all the way to 224 without doing it
individually? so it would become X14=SUM(C14,E14,
G14,I14,K14,M14,O14,Q14,S14,U14,W14,Y14) etc.

These are probably the simplest questions you've had for a while but at the
moment I look like I'm doing each formula individually ... I'm sure that
can't be the only option.

Thanks in advance.

Jas