Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default How do you change single digits to recognized double digits?

As long as cells contain numbers, leading zeroes will not be stored in the
cell...

You may convert them to text with soemthing like this in B1
=IF(Len(A1)=1, "0&A1",""&A1)
and copying down, then copy-paste as values, assuming your numbers are in
Col A

Ideally you shuold handle this conversion while importing in Access.

"Evil with a K" wrote:

I asked earlier how to make a column display a two digit number instead of a
single digit number (under 10) by adding a zero in front. The answer was to
hit custom and type in two zeros. The problem is the spreadsheet does display
the 02 on the cell but if you click the cell it still reads ony the 2. This
doesn't allow me to enter into access without errors. I have tried copy paste
special but still does not resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Bottom line I need to be able to place a 0 in front of all single digit
numbers in a column.

Thanks.