Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dingerz Dingerz is offline

Default COmparing a cell with a colum of data

Can you please show me what formula i must use.

=IF(K12=L1:L15,"YAY","NA")

It will only check if the data is on the same row. I want excel to compare
one particular cell with all the cells in a whole entrie column for a match
and then tell me yes or no.

"HelpExcel.com" wrote:

You need to enter a formula for each line to receive a Yay/Nay response for
each.
The way you've entered it is indicative of a formulaic array, however, you
would need to encapsulate it further for the data to make sense.
Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"Dingerz" wrote:

Hi iam having trouble wiht my formula

=IF(A2='[Area 43-52 New Floc Upload.xls]Area 43-52 New Floc
Upload'!$A:$A,"New","Old")

or even

=IF(K12=L1:L15,"YAY","NA")

It will only check if the data is on the same row. I want excel to compare
one particular cell with all the cells in a whole entrie column for a match
and then tell me yes or no.

How do i do this?