Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gene Gene is offline

Default scatter chart won't accept primary axis

Can someone explain what is happening. I have a very standard line graph w/
dates in col.A & values in col.F. In cols. X&Y I have the following.

06/30/08 2.95 These pairs of data represent
trend lines in the
-- 07/25/08 4.21 original data.
"space"
08/04/08 3.41
0910/08 4.95
"space"
01/27/09 .36
02/11/09 .49
I select the two ranges, copy, select chart and ctrl+V. I choose this
secondary graph to be a scatter chart. It appears as I want except it needs
to be on the primary axis. I select axis option, primary axis. The
selection goes into a non-response period for quite a long time and leaves me
with a x-axis range from 2008 to 2093. If I add a third set of trend lines
the non-response time extends forever and it has no idea what range I want,
GeneS