Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Summing Values/Outputs of IF formulae

An IF formula will give one result. If you wish to sum the results of a
number of IF formulae, you can use SUM and give the SUM function arguments
which are the cell references where your IF formulae are sitting.
--
David Biddulph

shadesoflife wrote:
Would anyone be able to advise me how to go about summing the
values/outputs that result from the use of a IF formula?

Background - I used a IF formula to assign scores of 1-4 for the
categories low, moderate, significant and high. I now need to sum
these scores. Using SUM does not work nor does SUMIF...

help pls