Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default Count NonBlank Rows with Criteria in another column

wrote:
I need to count the number of nonblank rows that have a certain
criteria in a different column. I assume that some version of the
SUMPRODUCT formula will do what I need to do, but I can't figure it
out for the life of me. Any ideas?

Say I have an array of data entered into cells K3:N35. I need to
count the number of rows that are nonblank in any of the cells in that
array that also have an "A" in column O. I think it should be
something like:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Data Sheet'!K3:N35<""),--('Data Sheet'!O3:O35="A"))

Your assistance is most appreciated.

Carmen

SUMPRODUCT requires the arrays have the same dimensions.

This might be easier if you pull one of the constraints out to a helper
column. E.g., in column Q:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(K3:N3=""))<4

Then the result is

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Q3:Q35),--(O3:O35="A"))