Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default devide by 1000

Will you ever have numbers in the cells with less than 3 digits making up
their number (for example, 45)? If so, then you probably don't want to use
Luke's custom format as it will return 0.45 and not 0.045 (which is what I
suspect you would want. There is an alternate format to Luke's that will
handle all numbers correctly. Either this...

#.###,

or

0.###,

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Atiq" wrote in message
it works, Thanks!

"Luke M" wrote:

Format cell, Custom format (on the number tab)

#"."###

OR

0"."###

if you always want a number in front of the decimal.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Atiq" wrote:

How do I format a number cell so when I enter any value in it, it shows
the
input value dvided by 1000? For instance if I enter 4565 the cell
should show
4.565. Thanks in advance for help!