Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd[_200_] Simon Lloyd[_200_] is offline

Default VLOOKUP PROBLEM

Look at Debra Dalgleish's site for troubleshooting your =vlookup()
formula:
'Excel -- Worksheet Functions -- VLookup'
(http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble)
CLEM;326867 Wrote:
I am using VLOOKUP function and even though the look up value is in the
table
it is returning a #N/A. I am using FALSE so I am looking for an exact
match.
The vlookup IS WORKING when the look up value is mixed characters (ie:
C3089, U5320,etc) but is returning #N/A WHEN the look up value is all
numeric
(ie: 30900,35679, etc.)
The formula in the top cell is:
=VLOOKUP(K2,Codes!$A$2:$B$340,2,FALSE)
where K2 is a value to be looked up in the table(which is on another
worksheet in workbook named "Codes" and the left most column contains
the
possible choices for the look-up value to match,

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd