Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default Excel is seeing the date as dd/mm/yyyy

I have a column of dates that I'd like to use in a formula. Problem is Excel
sees the dates as dd/mm/yyyy when they are actually entered as mm/dd/yyyy.
For example the date entered in the cell is 10/17/1980 and Excel see the 17
as the month.

A second question although not as important as the first is, and I have seen
this before in other spreadsheets, why is it in that column of dates some of
the cells are actually seen as mm/dd/yyyy and some seen as dd/mm/yyyy.

Manual formatting does not work at all. I am thinking I need a formula to
switch the month and date around.

Thanks so much.