Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default A formula to identify tab names in a worksheet

Point at a cell in that sheet:

=MID(CELL("filename",'sheet3'!A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",'sheet3'!A1))+1,99)

Excel will adjust the formula if you change the sheet name after you've created
the formula.

Steve wrote:

Not sure if this can be done or not, but I will pose this question:

If I am in tab1 of a workbook and want identify the name of tab3 in the same
workbook, is there a formula that does that?

here is what I am after:
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99) gives me the
name of the tab when I am actively in that tab, but is there way that would
give me the name of tab3 when I am still in tab1?

Let me know if this makes sense?

Thanks

--
Steve