Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brion G. Brion G. is offline

Default Work Loss

I use Excel 2000. Over the past several weeks, on 6 separate occasions, I
have lost considerable work put in on several different spreadsheets. I open
up a spreadsheet and modify it. I forget to save the changes before I go to
other applications on the desk top and/or walk away from the computer. When
I come back to bring up the spreadsheet I was working on, Excel has shut down
so I have to bring it back up. I load the spreadsheet I was working on and
all the changes I made previously are gone. There are no error messages, all
the other applications that were running are still running, nothing that
would indicate that something happened and nothing left of my work. This
just happened and I lost 3 hours of work. Anybody got any ideas as to what
migh be happening?