Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Can I have Excel Show the last 8 digits of a Number?

Unless of course you specify that the output is text.

"Ken Wright" wrote in message
The only thing you have to be careful about is that if the first number of
any of your remaining numbers is a 0, then you will end up with 7 digit or
less number.

Regards
Ken.....................

"Greg" wrote in message
Ken, thanks, I took the easy way out and took your suggestion. I don't
know
why I did not think to do this. I made an easy thing hard.

Thanks again.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

One other option is simply to use Data / Text To Columns / Fixed width
chop the data into 2 parts. You can choose the "Do Not import" option on
the
section of numbers you don't want.

Regards

"Greg" wrote in message
I have a column with 14 digits in each row of the column. Is it
possible
only show the last 8 digits of the number for each row? If show I can
do
this?