Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Greg Greg is offline

Default Can I have Excel Show the last 8 digits of a Number?

Ken, thanks, I took the easy way out and took your suggestion. I don't know
why I did not think to do this. I made an easy thing hard.

Thanks again.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

One other option is simply to use Data / Text To Columns / Fixed width to
chop the data into 2 parts. You can choose the "Do Not import" option on the
section of numbers you don't want.

Regards

"Greg" wrote in message
I have a column with 14 digits in each row of the column. Is it possible
only show the last 8 digits of the number for each row? If show I can I
do
this?