Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default look up troubles when referencing two cells

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E3:E50=C9),--(F3:F50=D9),G3:G50)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"smiley61799" wrote in message
I am trying to utilize a Vlookup but I have two cells I want the table to
look up from to pull the price of an item. For one item we have a
standard
price and discounted price and depending on that item and whether it is
standard will reflect the price. I will attach some sample data so you
can
see what I am trying to accomplish. I appreciate any and all assistance.
A B C
discounted MESH $3.25
standard MESH $4.45
discounted CARPET STICKERS $6.15
standard CARPET STICKERS $8.20
discounted WINDOW CLING $3.00
standard WINDOW CLING $4.20

EX: I need price of standard (a) and mesh (b) which would be $4.45

my current formula is =VLOOKUP(C9&D9,Sheet3!E3:G50,3,FALSE)