Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kassie kassie is offline

Default new 2007 compatibliity - can't save to 2003 version

Sounds like a nework permission issue to me! Suggest you take it up with
your network administrator.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"shara" wrote:

i just had office 2007 installed on my computer at work. we have a shared
drive here with tons of files that i need to review and manipulate. however,
not many people have 2007 yet, so most of the files created on our shared
drive are in excel 2003. (or 97-2003, whatever it is...) when i try to go
and change a workbook that has been originally created in the 2003 version
and try to save the changes, it tells me access denied. and it isn't the
file access because it works on other computers that still have the 2003
version. can someone please help with this?