Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC Rippstein hotmail com> KC Rippstein hotmail com> is offline

Default reduce excel file size by deleting blank rows and columns??

When you do that, instead of hitting the delete key, right click on any of
those rows and use that Delete function. Same thing with the columns, select
V and shift-control-right then right-click the V and use that Delete function.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Delta007bhd" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 34MB excel file. How can I reduce the size of it? I have
blank rows from row 110-65536 and blank columns from col V-IV which I
want to delete. I tried selecting the last row, then CTRL+SHIFT
+DOWNARROW followed by DEL but it doesn't seem to work since the
scroll bar at the right is still tiny which means that there are
endless rows below. Why can't I simply delete them? Do I need a
retinal scan from the president??

Thanks in advance for your help