Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LESLIE LESLIE is offline

Default Macro Security

Barry,
Did you figure out "how" to do this?
I have the same situation, i.e. creating spreadsheet tools with some macros
for a client; work from home, copy onto their computer, etc.
Can't believe that I can't create my own spreadsheet, and my own macro, and
not have to "enable" the darn thing each time. And I don't want the client
to have to do so (they won't remember how anyway...). And I don't want to
change the security settings to low so that we're not protected from external
macros.

Thanks much,
Leslie

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but what do I actually do. I play around on my home
computer then take it all to the other station on a flash drive.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

One option is to self sign the code and have them save that when they open
the workbook the first time.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

How can I set myself as a "Trusted source". I am helping an organisation
streamline there spreadsheet activities, this includes some macros. When I
try to run a programme the security warning appears. Changing security level
to Low and then resetting later is cumbersome. So I want to know how to
identify myself as a Trusted Source so that the macros will be accepted