Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre[_3_] Ron Coderre[_3_] is offline

Default Validation List - adding new entries

There's an example of a flexible data validation list at this website:
http://www.contextures.com/excelfilesRon.html

See this file: RDV0001 - Flexible Item List

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"watermt" wrote in message
I have a Validation list (=PhysiciansLN) that lists the last names of
physicians in our hospital. If a user of this Excel file does not find
the
physicians last name in the =PhysiciansLN list is there a way that I can
allow the user to type the new last name and have that automatically added
the =PhysiciansLN list?

I was hoping to be able to add new last names to that list through a
formula
or function?

Mike