Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gav123 Gav123 is offline

Default Conditional data validation drop downs

Hi Nadine,

This site might be what your looking for..

Hope this helps,

Gav

"Nadine Lewis" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I want to set up drop down's that bring up criteria to be selected based on
a previous data drop down selection, i.e. let's say column A has drop downs
consisting of various areas within a building, i.e. Ceiling Void, Roof,
Ceiling, Floor etc. Based on what is selected in A1 the drop down criteria
in B1 should relate only to what could apply to the selection in A1. I.e.
If Ceiling Void is selected in A1 then the user should only be allowed to
select, for example, from Fire Break, Pipe Lagging, Fire Break, Feature
Panels etc in B1. If however 'Roof' is selected in A1 then the user should
only be allowed to choose from, for example, AC Sheet, Debris, Skylight,
Gutter etc.

I have set up the various validation criteria and named the Location range
but can't seem to get my head around how to insert a conditional type formula.

Any help? Please