Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ada Pan [MSFT] Ada Pan [MSFT] is offline

Default The workbook containts one or more links that cannot be update

Hello customer,

If this workbook is manually created and doesn't contain any code, please
send a copy file to . Then, we can test it on our
end to help find the root cause.

Also, please help collect the following information for further research:

#1. What is the version of Excel that the file being created in, Excel 2007
or Excel 2007 with SP1?

#2. Can the workbook open on the client using Excel 2007? Can the workbook
open on the client using Excel 2007 with SP1?

#3. Does this issue occur on every client running Excel 2003? Have Excel
2003 been applied with SP3?

#4. Please take a screen shot of the error message that also including the
Excel background and send it to me.

Regarding your queries, please see the information below:

#1. What would stop Excel 2003 from being able to convert the file and open
it?
Since we don't have the file, it is hard to tell what causes the problem.
However, I don't think it is related to Excel 2003 but the data in this
specific file or the file creation mode.

#2. What is causing the error? If it is a result of a MS update - will it
be resolved? Is MS still doing updates for 2007 office?
This may not an Excel problem. If the Excel workbook is created by a
third-party software, just same as a previous case, the third-party
software needs to change the related code to be compatible with Excel 2007
with SP1.

If you have any update, please let me know.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! -