Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Insert pictures

If you want a password on the protection use these lines instead.

Sub insert_pic()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
rest of code<<<<

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=False
End Sub

Then you could lock the project from viewing to prevent snoopers from seeing
the code and the sheet protection password.

Alt F11 to open VBE

Right-click on your project ans select VBAProject PropertiesProtection

Selected locked for viewing and enter a password.

Save the file to enable the locking.

Gord

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:10:19 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

1. You can't insert a picture into a cell so it doesn't matter if cells are
locked or unlocked.

2. You will have to use a macro that unprotects, inserts the picture then
re-protects.

Something like this.................

Sub insert_pic()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
filetoopen = Application _
.GetOpenFilename("pictures (*.jpg), *.jpg")
'browse to a folder and double-click on desired *.jpg
If filetoopen < False Then
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert (filetoopen)
End If
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False
'DrawingObjects:=False allows editing the inserted picture
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:13:02 -0800, AZU
wrote:

I've protected my worksheet (an incident report form), but left some cells
unlocked so as the user can enter information. I can enter text, but cannot
enter (insert) a picture from file (for incident photos). I can enter the
photos when the whole sheet is unprotected, but that would leave other cells
and information vunrable to being changed.

signed,
Overly Confused