Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GSnyder GSnyder is offline

Default Microsoft Excel translator

You may want to make sure that none of your named ranges are the same as a
column name. I guess calling a named range "AB" would freak Excel out.

Follow this link for more info...

Happy calculating!

--
If you like this answer, please click ''''Yes.''''

"djungst" wrote:

What is the Microsoft Excel translator? I am getting the following error
message when I try to import information into Outlook.

"An error has occurred in the Microsoft Excel translator while getting
contents of a file system.

The Microsoft Excel file C:\XXX.xls has no named ranges. Use Microsoft
Excel to name the ranges you want."

When I open Excel the colums are in fact named and show in the name box.
Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?