Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default same range names in different worksheets

Hi,

It is certainly ok to use non unique names in a workbook, but it is probably
easier in the long run to try to utilize a system of unique names. For
example SalesX and SalesY or AcctSales, AddSales.

By doing this it make it easier to use them in the spreadsheet and implicit
in the name is both the fact that the data is sales data, and that the sheet
is Acct for example.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"tabell88" wrote:

How do I name a range the same thing in multiple worksheets so I can
reference the named range in each of the worksheets in a totally different
worksheet. For example I have a range named as "sales" in worksheet 1, but
I can't name it the same thing in worksheet 2 otherwise is seems to overwrite
the first one. Then I can only reference the one named range in my third
worksheet.