Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Making User defined functions available in all new workbooks

Hi,

Here is what you can do easily in Excel - you can create a basic Excel
add-in and then attach it. Its functions will be available whenever it is
attached. So if you want to distribute your files that are using the add-in
you need to provide the user with a copy of the add-in and attach it on their
machines.

1. Put all your function in a single workbook.
2. (Optional) in Excel choose Window, Hide.
3. Choose File, Save As, and under the Files of Type choose Microsoft
Office Excel Add-In (*.xla) near or at the bottom of the list.
4. Note the add-ins location or change the location to anywhere you want
and click Save.
5. Exit Excel and restart it (this is quicker that the alternative)
6. Choose Tools, Add-Ins, and click Browse and navigate to the location
where you saved your xla. Choose it and click OK.
7. In the Add-ins dialog box make sure your add-in is checked and click OK.

You functions will be available to all of your spreadsheets opened on this
computer.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Alco Engineer" wrote:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I've tried following the instructions that you linked to, however I can't
open VB on it's own, I only open up excel and then view code and make my
changes that way.

Is there a way to do this using the excel VB? I can't seem to save anything
as a DLL file which means I can't seem to get it to save as an add-in.

Cheers,

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Save them in an add-in:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AutomationAddIns.aspx

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200835

"Alco Engineer" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a few basic user defined functions I've made up so that I can easily
calculate and also avoids common errors I've made.

Can I set up a template, or something similar, that will automatically load
the user defined functions into all future new workbooks I open?

Cheers,