Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Charles Eaves Charles Eaves is offline

Default Trying to reference a cell

I finally figured it out.
The cell was formatted for "number" instead of text or general.
When I changed the format to "general" ,everything was fine.
Thanks
"dleo" wrote in message

Instead of manually typing in the cell reference, try this. Type in the =
as
normal, but then scroll on your worksheet and click on the cell.

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

Here is a newbie question.
I am using Excel 2007.
I had been using a Excel 2007 for a year now and I have to make changes
it now.
About 6 categories that I have to keep up with have been dropped from a
report that I use.
When I deleted those categories from the spreadsheet, I get a invalid
reference on the sheet.
In cell A24, I am trying to reference the contents in cell A58.
I type in cell A24, =A58, and what I get is an equal sign with a blue 58
the right of the = sign.