David McRitchie

When you concatenate you could use TRIM
=TRIM(A1 & B1)

The Excel TRIM will remove spaces from left and right, and excess spaces in between.
The VBA TRIM will only remove spaces from left and right.

You might be interested in using a macro, see the TRIMALL macro at
It would be in your best interest if you first determined WHY you have
excess spaces, but the TRIMALL macro will trim text constnants (not formulas).
---
HTH,

"Metalteck" wrote in message ...
Yes, there seems to be spaces. Is there a command I can use to trim them down?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Do you have leading or trailing spaces in the text you're concatenating?

In article ,
Metalteck wrote:

When I concatenate two fields, why does a large space appear between both
entries? Is there a setting that I should check out?