Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carina[_2_] Carina[_2_] is offline

Default How to default file save format to .xlsx in Excel?

Correct, when i save it for the first time it gets saved to .xls. I have to
remember to save the file type as .xlsx everytime when i create a new excel
file.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Are you saying that even if you create a new workbook and save it for the
first time, it gets saved as XLS?

Pl. confirm.

Also describe the steps you take to save...

"Carina" wrote:

No. For some reason, my excel 2007 default is .xls. I know i can do save as
or convert to .xlsx but it is annoying that everytime when i open up a new
session, i can only see 65,000 rows and in compatible mode.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

I thought that XLSX is the default format for Excel 2007.

How are you saving?
If you open an XLS file then it will be saved in the same format unless you
choose SAVE AS

"Carina" wrote:

I tried to change the file save format under Excel Options to .xlsx but it
only works on the current session. Once I close out and reopen, it switched
back to .xls.