Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default Pasting article into Excel, wordwrapping lost

Using Excel 2002, Win2000... I've pasted into a spreadsheet some text from
an online article. The text in the article is in paragraphs and wordwrapped
with lines that are about 76 characters/spaces wide. When I pasted it in,
each paragraph became a long long line stretching across 50-70 columns. I'd
like to keep the text formatted as it was in the article so that each 76
character line stays visible on the screen (about 14 columns wide).

I tried format/cells/alignment/text control/wrap text but all that did was
squeeze the text into the first column. I'd like to know if there is a way
to paste this text/article into Excel and keep it formatted as it was in the
article so it can be read without having to scroll back and forth.

John