Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default data lookups

Your second follow-up thread made more sense - check there for a
solution.

Pete

On Jan 28, 6:28*pm, l szym wrote:
I need to populate a cell with a value that is the intersection of a defined
row and a defined column in a database on another sheet within the
spreadsheet. *I want to be able to keep the defined value variable for the
column valaue and row value. *for example if the row value = "70470" and the
column header equals "medicare" what is the intersecting point value?, i.e.
$143.00 ; then look at the value if the row = 70471 and the column is
medicare giving me $200.00. *Make any sense?
--
szy