Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bierte Bierte is offline

Default Can I combine column A into Colum B?

I followed these steps, but when I use the fill series command only the
second column reference adjusts. The first column stays B1 for all cells.
What am I doing wrong?

"wjohnson" wrote:

You can insert a blank column to the left of Column A so your column A
will be blank: Then enter the following formula; =CONCATENATE(B1,",
",C1)
B1 is the First Cell
", " is if you want anything to follow - in this case I have inserted a
"," and hard space.
If you do not want the , and hard space - just delete it and leave the
comma which proceeds C1.
C1 is your second cell.
Then copy down.
Then copy all of Column A and then "PASTE - SPECIAL - Values" then you
can delete column Column B and C and your values will remain.
Work with a copy and not the original.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640