Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Verify Analysis ToolPak with VBA

All those data|data analysis tools (in xl2003 menus) are still part of the
Analysis toolpak.

Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. wrote:

If that is the case, then why do they still have the Analysis ToolPak
available for Excel 2007? I found instructions for loading it in 2007...

Thanks,
~ Horatio

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. -

You may need to have two sets of VBA code or instructions depending on the
version of Excel. The functions provided by the pre-2007 Analysis ToolPak
are native worksheet functions in Excel 2007 (therefore not requiring the
ATP add-in).

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Horatio J. Bilge, Jr." wrote in
message ...
I created a workbook that requires the Analysis ToolPak and Analysis
ToolPak-VBA add-ins to function. I've discovered that many of the people I
gave the workbook to do not have those add-ins enabled, so they get the
#NAME? error.

Is there a way to automatically check for the Analysis ToolPak? I am
thinking that if the ToolPak is not enabled, a message box would pop up
telling the user what the problem is, and how to install the ToolPak.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson