Keyrookie Keyrookie is offline
Member

Thanks Max,

You were right, there was nothing wrong with my formula, just something odd in Excel. All the amounts returned down the list were correct, just B2 was returning a 0. I retyped the title in B2 and that corrected the problem. I like the formula you suggested though. I used it in another app. so I appreciate the help even though I wasn't asking about that project.

Keyrookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
.. tried: =COUNTIF(ARCHIVE!B:B,Master!B2) but that returns a 0

Nothing wrong with your formula,
so its probably a data consistency or extra white space(s) issue

You could try cleaning up both source lists using TRIM,
or as-is, use TRIM in SUMPRODUCT
(as COUNTIF doesn't allow TRIM):
=SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(archive!B1:B100)=TRIM(master!B2)))
--
Max
Singapore