Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default auto completion

On Jan 19, 11:32*am, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" & CHAR(64)
& "hotmail.com" wrote:
Ken,

I had never noticed that there was a limit on number of cells till
AutoComplete works...

I tested out with Excel 2007 on XP... it seems that it takes more time to
suggest the entry farther you go away... i tested upto 450... somewhere after
400 I had to type first two letters to get the suggestion...

It would be great to get more information on how it is implemented in Excel...

"Ken Johnson" wrote:
It doesn't solve the other problem Biff mentioned where excel only
looks so far. 51 cells away seems to be the limit on my machine (XP
and xl2003).

Ken Johnson

Hi Sheelo 95 64,

That's interesting. I never thought to test with more than one letter.
With Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz at the top AutoComplete in row 700
didn't kick in until the x was typed:-).

Ken Johnson