Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default auto completion

On Jan 19, 9:18*am, anirban wrote:
the auto completion is not searching the entire document fro values entered
earlier in a coloum rather it is searching only a part of of the column and
is giving me values based on that can any one please help..???

There is probably a blank cell somewhere in the column.

When I put "red" in A1, leave A2 blank, "green" in A3 and "blue" in
A4, then in A5 autocomplete ignores the "red" but works for "green"
and "blue"
You can get it to look past the blanks by first inserting a new column
next to the one you are wanting to autocomplete then type absolutely
anything into the new column's top most cell and fill it down as far
as needed. You can then hide that new column. You should find that
your column will autocomplete using all previous entries once it is
next to a column that has no blank cells in the same area.
I have no idea why this works.

Ken Johnson