Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default CREATION extra FILE WHEN SAVE

When xl2003 and older saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a
funny name (8 characters--no extension) in the same folder.

If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its
backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will
rename the funny named file to the original's name.

Common things that get blamed for interruptions to this process are antivirus
software poking its head in or network errors--either permissions or physical
problems.

CC wrote:

"ALWAYS CREATE A BACKUP " is not enable
still create files with names like this 7BD4F700

cc
"CC" wrote:

In Excel when I save the file, beside save the file also create another file
- without extension.
Why this happen and How can I disable this ?

thank you
cc

--

Dave Peterson