Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stumped-in-excel[_2_] stumped-in-excel[_2_] is offline

Default "too many different cell formats" - one more time with FEELING

Hi Sheeloo -
thanks for you help - I've tried that and more - see my reply to David below
for my machinations.... Would appreciate any other ideas....

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Did you try
Edit-Clear Formats?

"stumped-in-excel" wrote:

Running 2003 sp3 - getting error message.
Tried previous suggestions -
Formatstyle made changes but error message pops up not allowing changes to
be made.
Tried highlighting entire worksheet - rt clk - format - won't allow me to
make changes.
Tried cutting and pasting all but minimal data to separate worksheet -
clearing contents on blank fields - error still exists. This is with a data
field that's 28 rows X 11 col wide.

Help!!