Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBeaucaire[_75_] JBeaucaire[_75_] is offline

Default Linking multiple cells so that any can be changed to affect all

What you're describing would only be possible with very complicated and
cumbersome to maintain macros. But I understand the frustration. I can
offer two suggestions:

1) Highlight ALL the cells on a sheet, press CTRL-1 to open the Format
Cell box, click on PROTECTION, and UNCHECK the protection box.

You've just opened up all cells for editing, even when the sheet is
protected. So, now go through and highlight the cells you want
protected, and REPROTECT just those cells. When you're done, click on
Tools Protection Protect Sheet.

Now, your users can still use the sheet, but those cells you want left
alone can't be changed.

2) Softly color the background of cells you want users to leave alone,
like a soft yellow (not the nasty bright yellow). Instruct your users
that those cells should not be edited. Colored cells are to be left
alone.

Good luck controlling those users!

--
JBeaucaire