Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Valerie Valerie is offline

Default Summing data by month

Bob - I got it! Needed a parenthesis just before the word month.
thank you

"Valerie" wrote:

I have tried this for "April" and "January" however it keeps bringing back 0.
Can you recheck? Parenthesis ?
Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--MONTH(A2:A200)=4),B2:B200)

should do it for April

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Valerie" wrote in message
I have random dates in one column (formatted as: April 13, 2009) and
dollar
values in the column next to the dates. How can I sum, for example, all
April dollars or all June dollars? I have another tab that is summarizing
the data by month. So, the data is summarized in this tab with each month
alpha listed ("April", or "June"). Can I sum all "April" data that is
formatted as mm/dd/yyyy?
Thanks,