Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
threeoutside threeoutside is offline

Default return cursor to previous cell?

Wow, thanks for responding so fast! I tried your suggestion, but it appears
to me that it only works if something has been entered in the new, far-away
cell. Looks like the cursor just flies off yonder and nothing is entered in
its landing-site, then Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y just yield me dull thinking sounds.
Likewise hitting "Undo-redo."

Thanks for the try, anyway!
Terry

"rdwj" wrote:

Threeoutside -
one thing you can use is to "Undo" the last change followed by "Redo". Then
your cursor is back in its place. With shortcuts <CtrlZ, followed by <CtrlY

If that is not good enough, create a quick macro that does the above for
you, or you can solve it in a different way (PreviousCell.Select)

rdwj

"threeoutside" wrote:

My cursor keeps skipping to a cell miles away from where my data is; is there
a keystroke or F key that will send it back to the previous cell so I don't
have to mess around with scrolling or Ctrl+Home? (The skipping problem is
probably because I have a crooked pinky finger)