Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
veryeavy veryeavy is offline

Default Something other than Absolute, Relative or Mixed references

Thanks Ron,

Looking at it now in the cold hard light of my third day back at work after
my summer holiday I have no idea whatsoever why I thought I needed to
overcomplicated this so much. Sunstroke maybe?

I have incorporated your formula in the final workbook.

It was very tempting to leave the complicated version in my workbook and I
will keep this up my sleeve if I ever want to muddy the waters in the future!

Best Regards,

Matt

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:31:00 -0800, veryeavy
wrote:

For the record my final fomula is this:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS( 1,COLUMN())),$A2),JanPSGLData!$A:$J,10,0)),0,VLOOK UP(CONCATENATE(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN())),$A2), JanPSGLData!$A:$J,10,0))

If this can in any way be "cleaned up" while still being able to be copied
downwards and sideways I will incorporate those enhancements.

Cheers All,

Matt

Try:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(A$1,$A2),JanPSGLDa ta!$A:$J,10,0)),0,VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(A$1,$A2),Jan PSGLData!$A:$J,10,0))

--ron