Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Suleman Peerzade[_2_] Suleman Peerzade[_2_] is offline

Default Updating line graphs automatically

Hi,
It seems that the data is not in table. you first need to make a table of
your data for eg.
in Cell A1 (months) and cell B1 (Amount of expenditure in that month) now
when you put the data in this table and make a graphical presentation
selecting those cells then. Whenever you try to add or delete any data the
graph would represent the refreshed data as per the table.

Please write back if it is not solved this is for excel 2003. I can send you
the sample file for your reference.

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Max" wrote:

Create a named range (eg: MyR1) via Insert Name Define
using INDIRECT to point to the range, viz:

MyR1 =INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A3:A20")

Then apply the named range MyR1 into the chart's series formula,
something like this:
=SERIES(,,Test_Chart.xls!MyR1,1)
--
Max
Singapore
"Colin A" wrote:
I am new to creating graphs on excel - please help:

I have numerical data from cells A3 - A20 which is displayed graphically. If
I now insert a new row in A3 with a new data point, the graph does not
automatically update. Instead, the 'source data' now reads from cell A4 -
A21. How do I get the 'source data' to still read from A3 - A20, and drop the
value which now appaers in A21 (since I inserted a new row in A3)?
I have several of these graphs, and updating each one manually is not
practical.