Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Eliminating blank cells

And even if there is no space, a zero length string ="" would not be found
by Goto/ Special/ Blanks,
so ISBLANK may be a safer check.
--
David Biddulph

Could be the cells have a space or two in them and are not blank.

Check with a helper cell =LEN(cellref)

Gord

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:21:42 -0800, PointerMan
wrote:

I checked a few of the cells, and I don't see anything in them. I also
selected the range of cells, so I'm not sure what's going on.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Are you sure that you'd selected the range of cells before you did the
" Edit|Goto - Special
select blanks
OK" ?

Are you sure that you've actually got blank cells, and that they don't,
for
example, have spaces in them?
--
David Biddulph

"PointerMan" wrote in message
This isn't working for me. Nothing happens when I select "blanks" and
hit
"OK". After that I right click on a cell and delete and shift cells
left,
and it only shifts that row left by one cell. What am I missing?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Select the range of data then

Edit|Goto - Special
select blanks
OK

Right click one of the selected cells and click
delete
select - "Shift cells left"
OK

Mike

"PointerMan" wrote:

How do I eliminate the blank cells in my worksheet so that
everything
essentially shifts to the left until the empty cells are gone?

I want this: To look like this:
A _ 5 1 _ 3 1 _ A 5 1 3 1
B 9 _ _ 1 2 1 9 B 9 1 2 1 9
C 3 1 2 _ _ 2 8 C 3 1 2 2 8
D _ _ 6 1 3 _ 2 D 6 1 3 2
* The _ represents the empty cells

Each value would still be in it's own cell, and the blanks would be
gone.