Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kshitij Kshitij is offline

Default Vlook-up Formula

Hi everyone....
In Excel we have data in sheet 1 as follows
A B C D E
1 Index No. Date Blank Code
Reference
2 1208-2134706406 12/19/2008 0100 G
11/11/08-12/12/08
3 1208-2134706406 12/19/2008 0100 E
11/11/08-12/12/08
4 1208-2134726210 12/18/2008 0100 G
11/11/08-12/12/08
5 1208-2134726210 12/18/2008 0100 E
11/11/08-12/12/08

F G H I
1 Relation Relation code Amount Discount net
amount
2 R 70003-00 1,256.32 0.00
1,256.32
3 R 70002-00 1,755.64 0.00
1,755.64
4 R 70003-00 500.76 0.00
500.76
5 R 70002-00 780.75 0.00
780.75

K L
1 R. Date Target
2
5

In Sheet 2, we have to fill up data specifically for Reference starting with
"E"
A B C D E F
1 Index No. Start Date End Date Blank Blank
Target
2 1208-2134706406
3 1208-2134726210

In Sheet 3, we have to fill up data specifically for Reference starting with
"G"

A B C D E F
1 Index No. Start Date End Date Blank Blank
Target
2 1208-2134726210
3 1208-2134706406

The Sheet 2 & 3 are specific, the Sheet 2 contains details for Reference
starting with E, And Sheet 3 contains details of Reference starting with G.
In Column E, in sheet 1, €˜Reference, has details such as Reference (E or G)
and the start date and end date separated by €˜-€˜.

All we need is a V look up formula, to automatically fill in Column F in
Sheet 2 & 3 respectively for Reference (E & G) then Start date in Column B,
and End date in Column C.

We tried the following formula, but could not work properly.
=VLOOKUP($A$2:$A$3,Sheet1!$A$1:$L$5,12,0)

The other data that we tried was having If Condition i.e.
=IF(LEFT(Sheet1!E2,2="E "),VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A2:A3,Sheet1!A1:L5,12,0),"No
target")

Please help me.
Thanks.