Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Subtotal withouth subtotaling

Hi,

You can use the SUMIF funtion:

=SUMIF(A$1:A$100,M1,B$1:B$100)

Where A1:A100 contains the employee, B1:B100 contains the payment and M1
contains the employee you want to sum for. Enter all the employees in
M1:M10 for example and copy the formula down.

Cheer,
Shane Devenshire

"rrodriguezdiaz30" wrote in
message ...
I would like to know if there is a formula that would return subtotals
from a
table. Let me explain. I have a payroll report with names of employees,
dates of payments, deductions etc. I would not want to change the order
of
the table as it is updated with every week's payroll. But I'd like to
generate a report from it that'd give me year to date information, per
employee. Hope I'm not complicating my life too much?

Thanks
--
Roberto