Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Cell Color Formating

You'll want to use Format-Conditional Format for the first part.

Select your first cell (B455), go to Conditional format, set it so that when
cell value is not equal to
=A455
Then format pattern to something easily visible (red?)
Copy this cell then, select your other cells, right-click, paste
special-format only

For the count of non-matches:
=SUMPRODUCT((A455:A1000<B455:B1000)*1)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"RoddyRod" wrote:

How can I format spreadsheet cells to change color if values don't match?
For instance, if the text value A455 doesn't equal the text value of B455,
the B455 will automatically highlight to a predetermined color. Also, at
another predetermined cell, I would like the count of the cells which were
unequalled.